[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.10

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon May 28 13:45:36 CEST 2012

On May 28, 2012, at 6:34 AM, Per Ting wrote:

> Can one still run pdflatex on a source file containing pstricks and psfrag as well as jpg and png by including auto-pst-pdf ? What if the source file includes tiff images as well?
>
> Per

Howdy,

I believe that answer right now is NO! The auto-pst-pdf package runs `latex' via the shell-escape mechanism and that is not on the list of accepted programs in ``restricted shell escape'' mode. For now you either need the --shell-escape option or just use the pst-pdf package and use external processing. You can mostly automate the second way using a pst-pdfmk engine supplied as one of the latexmk engines (see the documentation in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)