[OS X TeX] How do I use a personally compiled luatex with MacTeX,

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 28 13:37:19 CEST 2012

Am 28.05.2012 um 13:04 schrieb George Nurser:

> I suspect I'm doing the whole thing wrong here, as I guess I want the
> new luatex installed into /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local or into
> ~/Library/texmf.

No. It's an executable and has therefore only one place: either /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-darwin (for 64-bit executables) or /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/universal-darwin when it runs on 32-but architectures like i386 or ppc. And maybe some more files need to be installed...

Installation is usually performed with 'sudo make install'. You can invoke 'sudo make -n install' to see what would be installed where. After the real installation you would need to rebuild the luaTeX based formats.

A backup before installation would be a good idea.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Bake pizza not war!