[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 55, Issue 28

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun May 27 21:15:27 CEST 2012

On 5/27/12 3:00 PM, Herbert Schulz<herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.10
>
> Besides the changes in the default base pdf(la)tex engines in TeXShop 3.10, the default file used by the latexmk engines also has the --shell-escape flag turned off. This does not effect previous users of the latexmk engines since that setting does not get overwritten once any latexmk engine has been used.
>
> If it hasn't been edited, previous users can simply remove the ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/latexmkrcedit file and typeset using any latexmk engine to recreate the new default version. Alternatively, you can edit that file and change the line
>
> $TSUserCompileOptions = '--shell-escape';
>
> to have an empty string, i.e.,
>
> $TSUserCompileOptions = '';
>
> and all the latexmk engines will lose the --shell-escape flag.

Sorry, I got lost here: previously I installed the engines from your
files in Latexmk431TeXShop.zip (2012--5-01) into whatever version of
TeXShop I was running then (3.07? 3.08?).

Now I've upgraded to TeXShop 3.10. Do I need to do anything with the
latexmk files?

Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912