[OS X TeX] adding the whole bibliography via BibDesk

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Mon May 21 17:54:03 CEST 2012

Looking at the documentation, if you call your new bibliography section "sec" (as in the \newcites{sec}{Secondary Literature} example), then you should have a resulting sec.aux file.

Assuming that you've done everything you said, then you need to make sure that you see a sec.bbl and sec.blg file after you have typeset everything.

You will either have to use one of Herb's latexmk engines in TeXShop, use the .Command file I sen't you, or open up a terminal and type the bibtex commands yourself in order for these files to exist.

So - do you see sec.aux, sec.bbl, and sec.blg? If they are present in your project directory, do they contain any information?