[OS X TeX] LaTexMk (was My files on DropBox)

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat May 19 23:17:12 CEST 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 4:53 PM, David Watson wrote:

> On May 19, 2012, at 3:51 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>> But then why does the fateful line override clicking on LaTeX but
>> not the command Shift-Cmd-L?

> Because the button you click on says "Typeset" and not "LaTeX"

I meant "clicking on Typeset" of course (Sorry about that.)

Let me get this straight:

The button Typeset on the left of the source file and the Typeset
command under Typeset in the menu bar are "identical" and Cmd T is
their keyboard command. All of them get LaTeXMk to do its stuff, that
is to compile twice.

The keyboard command Shift Cmd L prevents LaTeXMk from doing its stuff
and compiles only once. But it is not the keyboard command of any
button or menu command. Correct?

In any case, somehow, this C.I. (*) has a feeling that it should be
the other way around: Cmd T just to typeset---once---and Shift Cmd L
to call for LaTeXMk to do its thing.

Regards
--schremmer C.I.(*)

(*) Certified Idiot