[OS X TeX] citation in text fail to appear as expected

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Sat May 19 15:43:26 CEST 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 8:38 AM, konstantinos vasilakos wrote:

> Just to conclude, the re-export from Bibesk seems to be necessary every time I add a new \cite{cite-key} in my text.
>
> (I do run the cmd-t 2 times, but seems unworthy unless I replace my .bib in the directory).

It sounds like your original .bib file is not located in the same directory as your .tex file.
In that case, when you add a new entry and save it, it is being saved in whatever directory your .bib was originally created in.
You may want to save a current version to the directory with your .tex file, close the .bib file in BibDesk, and then double click on the .bib file in your .tex directory.
Future updates to that .bib file will be saved in the correct folder, and you won't have to "re-export" the file any longer.
You WILL have to remember to save your .bib file after you add any entries to your .bib and cite them in your .tex file.