[OS X TeX] citation in text fail to appear as expected

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 19 14:59:57 CEST 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 7:52 AM, konstantinos vasilakos wrote:

> Hi,
> it seems somehow that every time I want to create the citation + bibliography I need to replace the .bib in my directory by a new exported one, that way seems to rectify itself and create the proper file.
>
> Makes me wonder should be that complicated or do I miss something here?
>
> Best
>

> Konstantinos Vasilakos

Howdy,

Bibtex never writes to a .bib file so there should be no problem re-using the .bib file. When you say ``replace the .bib file... by a new exported one'' what do you mean? ``Exported'' from what?

What you are describing is NOT normal behavior so I don't think it has anything to do with the TeX distribution or TeXShop, etc.

Can you create a minimal but compilable set of files that you can let us have to see what you are doing and what is happening?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)