[OS X TeX] citation in text fail to appear as expected

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Sat May 19 14:50:19 CEST 2012

You have to run LaTeX->BibTeX->LaTeX->LaTeX or use one of Herb's latexmk engines if you use TeXShop.
This still doesn't explain why you would see the "undefined on input line..." errors on the second and third runs of LaTeX, unless the citekeys in your .bib file do not match the citekeys in your .tex file, or perhaps you haven't saved the .bib file (Perhaps in Bibdesk?)..