[OS X TeX] citation in text fail to appear as expected

konstantinos vasilakos konstantinos.vasilakos at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:50:59 CEST 2012

Hello, thanks for the response, yes I am, in fact I have placed my .bib file in the same folder directory as my .tex I am working lives. (that's what I get from the tutorials).

Then I try to do the "sync" or anyhow is called by cmd-shift-b where I get this
--> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99d (TeX Live 2011)
The top-level auxiliary file: Untitled.aux
I found no \bibdata command---while reading file Untitled.aux
I found no \bibstyle command---while reading file Untitled.aux
(There were 2 error messages)

Then I cmd-t to generate the file but in response I get the file without a successful citation.
Do I have to make a bibliography command \bibliography in order to achieve it or this comes only when I want to place a Bibliography section ?

Best
Thank you

\K.