[OS X TeX] TeXShop split windows

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue May 15 22:27:16 CEST 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On May 15, 2012, at 2:35 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> You probably have the default (i.e., in your TeXShop->Preferences)
>> set to Fit to Window and when you split the window the new pane is
>> picking up things from the defaults in TeXShop->Preferences.
>
> I am sure that is what is happening

No:

     I start TeXShop and set the preference to "Fit the window".

     I quit TeXShop.

     I start a TeXShop document and typeset it. The page comes with
one pane with the scale at 124. (that's how I saved it before.)

     I shrink the window and the scale goes down to 102.

     I split the window and both panes are at 102.

     I click in the bottom pane and scale to 132. The bottom pane goes
to 132, the top pane remains at 102. So far, so good.

     I click in the bottom pane (at 132) and un-split the window and
the scale is 102.

     Etc

I don't see what the underlying logic is.

By the way, when the two panes are at different scales, the scale at
the top is indifferent to which pane is active.

Puzzled regards
--schremmer