[OS X TeX] Another math font for MinionPro

Nestor E. Aguilera nestoreaguilera at gmail.com
Wed May 9 23:56:08 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

On 9 May 2012, at 01:51, Michael Sharpe wrote:

[...]
> So, you can do one of the following:
>
> LaTeX mode: (assumes you have used otfinst to create a package minion in T1 encoding from your MinionPro otf fonts:
>
> %SetFonts
> % Minion + libertine ntxmath
> \usepackage{libertine}% for math operators and numbers
> \usepackage[scaled=.85]{beramono}% must set a typewriter font for math
> \usepackage[TS1,T1]{fontenc}% and an encoding
> \usepackage[libertine]{ntxmath}% new version of tx
> \usepackage[cal=rsfso,calscaled=1.0,bb=boondox,frak=boondox]{mathalfa}
> \renewcommand*{\rmdefault}{pmnj} % use old-style figures in MinionPro text
> %SetFonts
[...]

I get "Font shape undefined" errors for `T1/pmnj/m/n' and `T1/pmnj/m/it', which yield a later "perhaps nxlmi is missing from the map file". Is it my setting?

On another vein, I am never sure on the loading order. Would the following be OK?:

   \usepackage{cmap}
   \usepackage[TS1,T1]{fontenc}
   %----------------------------------------------
   \usepackage{libertine}% for math operators and numbers
   \usepackage[scaled=.85]{beramono}% must set a typewriter font for math
   %\usepackage[TS1,T1]{fontenc}% and an encoding
   \usepackage[libertine]{ntxmath}% new version of tx
   \usepackage[cal=rsfso,calscaled=1.0,bb=boondox,frak=boondox]{mathalfa}
   \renewcommand*{\rmdefault}{pmnj} % use old-style figures in MinionPro text
   \usepackage{textcomp}
   \usepackage{microtype}

Thank you very much for a great work and your patience!

Nestor