[OS X TeX] Range

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue May 8 06:41:56 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:52 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
> On rare occasions, I want to refer to a range of results,
> e.g., equations (2.2.1-8), and I have not been able to figure
> out how to do this with LaTeX.  At this point, I have thrown in
> the towel and am formatting these cases as "(2.2.1)-(2.2.8)" etc.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> GG

I definitely prefer (2.2.1)--(2.2.8) unless I am using hyperref and
formulae spread across several pages, because there are no links to
(2.2.2),...,(2.2.7). In the latter case I believe one should be even
more detailed and list separately all formulae, or at least group them
so each page would be represented.

I am adding texhax as this is not MacOSX specific question.

Victor