[OS X TeX] bibliography and citation doesn't appear

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 29 16:28:55 CEST 2012

On Mar 29, 2012, at 9:00 AM, konstantinos vasilakos wrote:

> Hi I am using TexShop now, I also have checked the Bibdesk plug-in, is this the automate process ?
> \K.

Howdy,

No, the BibDesk plugin is used to fill in \cite commands. To use it: 1)enable its use check TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Editor->BibDesk Completions; 2)Open the .bib file in BibDesk.

If that's your problem it should work now.

If your problem is that citations and the bibliography are not showing up after going through the processing I stated before, that has to do with a problem in your .tex file. We will have to see a sample file (or files) that shows your problem to figure out what is going on.

The automation process I'm referring to is to use the pdflatexmk engine. A description of how to install/activate that engine and then use it is in the last section of `TeXShop Tips & Tricks' document available from the Help->TeXShop Tips and Tricks menu item.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)