[OS X TeX] path names with umlauts

Peter Weidenmueller peter.weidenmueller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 13:38:08 CET 2012

hi friedrich,

if something will be changed in 10.8 / 10.9 ??

at information-technology, ascii is still the standard
for operationg-systems, some applications can use unicode.
in the past, there have been many tries to establish
national / european / ... character sets, but did not
survive .
a din / iso char-set was only restricted to some vendors,
but not accepted . iso intechnical terms is nice, but
often more political.

eg iso9000 was created by huge companies to reduce some
mid sized competitors, but more a political decision.
it is most goot profit for organisations, who can
make certification-tests

best regards
peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------