[OS X TeX] Error: I can't write on file '(name)'

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Mar 10 15:32:48 CET 2012

Am 10.3.2012 um 00:45 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> Are you saying that I should move the modified "texmf.cnf" to a place that TeX can find but that TeXLive is not going to overwrite next time I upgrade?

Don't move it, but change /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf.cnf! The file /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf belongs to the system and can be overwritten by some TeX update – although it's unlikely that it could happen in 2012...

--
Greetings

  Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and pencil surpass him in intelligence.
				– Ernst Mach