[OS X TeX] simpdftex can't find font, but pdflatex can

Nathan Sanders professor.sanders at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:16:38 CET 2012

On Mar 1, 2012, at 5:51 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Nathan Sanders wrote:
>
>> /usr/texbin/dvips: ! Couldn't find header file: TengwarQuenya.ttf
>
> But simpdftex (LaTeX+dvips+ps2pdf) is unable to use TrueType fonts. If you need that mode because of other PostScript processing that may occur, you might find LuaLaTeX handy.

I've heard about LuaLaTeX, but haven't taken the time to look into it, largely because I'm wary of changing my basic underlying workflow.  I mostly use LaTeX for handouts and assignments in my courses, many of which don't change very much from year to year, so I don't want to have to massively rewrite various aspects of them, especially the complicated graphics!  I also usually have to tweak them each year, which is why I can't just make them static external images, but because I'm familiar with the code, it's very easy to do the tweaks.

Thanks!

Nathan

--
Nathan Sanders