[OS X TeX] TeXShop after migrating to a new MacBook Pro

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 02:36:11 CEST 2012

Herb,

I used the Migration Assistant and transferred the files via Wi-Fi. I could have connected the two MacBooks with a cable as they were sitting next to each other, but chose Wi-Fi instead, and it took about 3 hours to complete the migration. The new MacBook Pro was basically empty. My old MacBook Pro had about 150 GB of applications and files.

I have been using the new MacBook Pro for several days and have had no problems with anything other than the \texlive\ tree that was the subject of my postings. The files transferred included large photo and music files, which I have worked with without a hitch on the new computer. So it seems that the other files were transferred correctly: only \texlive\ failed to transfer correctly. I will report any strange behavior I encounter (which I haven't) that I can attribute to a bad migration.

Your experience is interesting. Did you use the Migration Assistant? The MA does not explicitly require assigning Target Disk Mode to the originating computer; it does seem to imply it, however, but if it does, it's internal to MA and transparent to the user.

Thanks for your interest.

Raul Martinez