[OS X TeX] MacTeX/TeXLive 2012 near-"sightings"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 20 16:54:31 CEST 2012

On Jun 20, 2012, at 9:12 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> Wondering whether actual releases of TeXLive 2012 and MacTeX 2012 were available yet, I searched a bit and so far found:
>
> (1) The on-line TeX Live Guide for TeXLive 2012 (which has been on-line for some days already):
>
>    http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html
>
> (2) "The MacTeX-2012 Distribution" page...
>
>     http://www.tug.org/mactex/2012/
>
> ... which says "The current distribution is MacTeX-2012." However, the link to MacTeX.pkg there indicates date 30 July 2011, so this is, I presume, just a temporary placeholder awaiting change to the actual release's link.
>
> (3) The page "Installing personal TeX fonts"...
>
>    http://www.tug.org/fonts/fontinstall-personal.html
>
> ... which says, "This page is only about TeX Live 2012 and later."

Howdy,

If you're interested in trying out MacTeX-2012 pretest go to one of the repositories noted at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/mirmon/> and download the mactex20120612.pkg (and associated md5 file). It's about 2GB in size.

While this is still, technically, a pretest version it is very stable and I would guess that it will be the release version. But, remember, it's still a pretest so don't throw out your TeX Live 2011 distribution just in case.

As part of allowing the pretest to get out your responsibility becomes reporting any major problems you discover.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)