[OS X TeX] TeXShop after migrating to a new MacBook Pro

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 15 21:54:54 CEST 2012

Raul,

On Jun 15, 2012, at 12:47 PM, R Martinez wrote:

> Herb, Dick,
>
> Thanks for the advice.
>
> I installed FixMacTeX2011 and restarted the computer. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same behavior from TeXShop, namely, it doesn't typeset.
>
> Is installing the FixMacTeX2011 package sufficient, or do I have to do anything special to make FixMacTeX2011 work? Otherwise, I'll get MacTex-2011 and install it.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Raul Martinez

If the usual problems with transfer had occurred, installing FixMacTeX2011 should
suffice by just installing it, without doing anything else.

Question: Do you actually have TeX on the new machine. If you run Terminal
in /Applications/Utilities and type

	cd /usr/local/texlive/2011

	ls

what do you see?

However, if you don't mind a big download, the easy solution is to
download and install MacTeX.

Dick Koch