[OS X TeX] macos portuguese

Rosangela Cintra rocintra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:53:51 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Josep Maria Font <jmfont at ub.edu> wrote:

> Use
>
> \usepackage[XXX]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[portuguese]{babel}

   I already use latin1 in  \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}, but my TeXShop
enconding is utf-8. I changed the inputenc package to utf-8, but the *editor
* not recognize de symbols ã,õ,ç...
Now I write using \~a, \~o, \c(c), ....  But my old papers are written with
ã,õ,ç...

I tried others encoding different from utf-8, but the available options not
recognize these symbols.
Do you know any enconding?

Thanks
Rosangela