[OS X TeX] printing surprises

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 13 21:59:23 CEST 2012

On Jun 13, 2012, at 1:27 PM, konstantinos vasilakos wrote:

> Hello, as the subject suggests, is there any possibility that one can be sure about the size of the generated document ?
>
> I want to print this as an A4 size document, is there any command that creates it, or is it by default an A4 size.
> As it looks no there is nothing that shows otherwise, it looks ok.
> I want to eliminate any possibility of surprises on the print shop.
>
> Thanks
> \K.

Howdy,

Assuming you're using LaTeX the best bet is to use the a4paper option with the geometry package. Just using the a4paper option with the \documentclass command tells LaTeX that you're using a4 paper but doesn't set the paper size for pdf(la)tex; the geometry package does it all and I find it indispensable. Make sure you read the documentation for the package.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)