[OS X TeX] Beamer/MacTex2012/old files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jul 28 13:37:16 CEST 2012

On Jul 28, 2012, at 4:13 AM, Leslie Morland (MTH) wrote:

> Many thanks Herb for prompt response. Below is structure of my MacTeX2012 installation on MacBookPro, which worked immediately, then differences on IMac next day which also had a missing folder, and did not typeset beamer class files until missing TeXShop folder copied from Book.
>
> MacHD on MacBookPro
>
> 	Applications
>
>              		TeX:  2012 dated files including TeXShop application
>
> 	Library
>
> 			TeX
>
> 				Distributions (some 2007 files)
> 				Documents
> 				Local
> 				Root
>
> 	Users
>
> 			lwm
>
> 				Library
>
> 					texmf
>
> 						bibtex (my bib and bst files)
> 						dvips (dated 2008)
> 						fonts (dated 2007)
> 						tex (2012 latex but others files 2008)
>
> 					TexShop (dated 2012, folder of files dated 2010)
>
> Installation on IMac missed latter TeXShop folder  and would not typeset beamer class file,
> so copied from Book
>
> Also in HD - Library - Tex - Distributions: some 2010 files, not 2007 as Book ?
>
> Is there a list of files and theirs locations, and dates, which compose the MacTex2012 Installation?
>
> Leslie

Howdy,

All of this looks perfectly normal when installed on a new system. I assume that TeXShop was never used on the iMac before. The first time TeXShop is opened it will create the ~/Library/TeXShop folder and sub-folders. You can certainly carry over the folder from another system.

Do you have files in your personal tree (~/Library/texmf/tex/...) that can be overriding the ones in TeX Live 2012?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)