[OS X TeX] beamer: frame 'moving-up' problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 24 13:24:42 CEST 2012

On Jul 23, 2012, at 9:13 PM, Takanori Adachi wrote:

> Hello, I have used LaTeX Beamer on Windows 7 for a couple of years with no
> problem.
> Three weeks ago, I bought a MacBook Air and installed TeXLive on it.
> LaTeX works perfect. However, I have a problem with Beamer on Mac.
> All text in frames are moving up about by a half line, resulting a upper
> half of title lines disappear for some themes such as Madrid.
> The problem does not seem to depend on the theme I use because I see about
> a half line space at the bottoms of each frame even with other themes.
> All the source codes I have wrote starts like:
>
> \documentclass[dvipdfm]{beamer}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> ..
> \setbeamertemplate{background canvas}[vertical
> shading][bottom=red!10,top=blue!10]
> \usetheme{Madrid}
>
> They worked perfectly with Windows 7, but have a 'moving-up' problem with
> Mac OSX 10.7.4.
> Beamers versions are same 3.07.
>
> Any help or comments are very appreciated.
> Thanks a lot,
> -- taka

Howdy,

Since MacTeX installs an un-altered and complete version of TeX Live 2012 it certainly can't be the Mac. Could you give a minimal but complete and compilable example so we can test here? How are you compiling the document? I see that you are using a dvipdfm option to the beamer class. If you are using a front end application, e.g., TeXShop, to compile it uses pdflatex by default and even using the LaTeX+Distiller method uses LaTeX->dvips->ps2pdf by default.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)