[OS X TeX] Minion Pro questions

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 9 00:12:53 CEST 2012

On Jul 8, 2012, at 12:32 PM, Richard Seguin wrote:

> The new mathalfa.sty actually makes things worse! Now even when I don't attempt to select fraktur with mathalpha I get the
>
> ./BetaT2.tex:329: Use of \reserved at a doesn't match its definition.
> \reserved at b ->\relax
>                    \ifmmode \else \non at alpherr \mathbb  \fi \use at mathgroup...
> l.329 ...action of $T$ on some member of $\lattice
>                                                 $ which is homeomorphic to…
>
> error message. If I restore the old mathalfa.sty it typesets normally.

I've tried a number of variations of the following file using the new version of mathalfa.sty, without any problems:

\documentclass[11pt]{memoir}
%SetFonts
% MinionPro+myriad
\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{lmtt}
\usepackage[scaled=.92,sf]{myriad}
\usepackage{MinionPro}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage[frak=boondox,bb=boondox,cal=boondoxo]{mathalfa}
%SetFonts
\begin{document}
\[y=\mathfrak{F}\mathbb{B}\]
\end{document}

So, it is either options to memoir that are the root of the problem, or there is an interaction with another package. Could you sent me (privately) the preamble to your problem document?

Michael