[OS X TeX] Funny bug in hyperref

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 7 00:28:47 CEST 2012

On Jul 6, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> (3)	The one thing I would not mind having is bold small caps but ...
> (4)	The one thing I absolutely do not want is to install a font.

Have you tried the libertine package? It's part of TeXLive, so there's nothing to install for these text fonts. Just add

\usepackage{libertine}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
% add an input encoding if you use other than ASCII characters in your document

The package has small caps in regular, semi-bold and bold. It is a bit heavier than Computer Modern and, in my opinion, looks very good on screen as well as on paper. Adding a suitable math package to accompany it would currently involve some more work, but if you can wait until MacTeX 2012 appears and then update that distribution using TeX Live Utility, you'll get a rather painless upgrade which includes newtx, whose math has a libertine option that, IMHO, works quite well with the libertine package. (At the moment, the fairly complete version 1.00 of newtx is only on CTAN.)

Michael