[OS X TeX] les bins MacteX ne sont pas dans le PATH ?

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Wed Jul 4 17:49:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 04:57:38PM +0200, Yvon Thoraval wrote:

>    then, I've added to my .zshrc :
>    PATH=/usr/texbin:$PATH
>    MANPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/man:$MANPATH
>    INFOPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/info:$INFOPATH
>    and, also :
>    echo PATH=$PATH > .profile

zsh reads .zprofile.

>    I've to mention that MANPATH and INFOPATH are empty...

Setting the variables is not enough. You have to export them, as in:

PATH=/usr/texbin:$PATH
export PATH

or even in one line:

export PATH=/usr/texbin:$PATH

This is however unnecessary, because zsh reads /etc/zshenv which uses the /usr/libexec/path_helper (see Herb's post).
MANPATH is set by looking at PATH, so it's better not to set it.

>    May be those PATH, MANPATH and INFOPATH are set by an Apple plist ???
>    Because a man grep works....

See above...?

HTH,

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University