[OS X TeX] Malayalam and other Indian languages on Mac

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:12:09 CEST 2012

On 02/07/2012 01:16, David Watson wrote:
> As a followup, I can verify that the package I downloaded and the package at Sarovar are essentially the same,
although the source code is missing from the Sarovar link.
> The "mm" executable generated by compiling the source takes the same options as the ones presented to "mlym"
by the script named "mal".
> If you want this to work correctly, then you are going to have to take some steps to edit the "mal" script to
use "mm" instead of "mlym".
I shall have a look at CTAN so that  I can get the source file and proceed from
there.

> In addition, there are many installation details which will need to be modified in the "install.sh" script to
make sure that the installation process gets along well with MacOSX TeX.
> These are beyond the scope of what I am prepared to do for you, but I assure you that someone else
on this list could put together an installation package for you. I unfortunately
have to rely on their
expertise and generosity to assist you further, as I am working on my
dissertation at the moment.

Thank you for the valuable help so far. I am sure, there will be someone who
could help me out with the rest. I wish you all the best with your work

Best regards
suren