[OS X TeX] Re: Compatibility of Lion and Snow Leopard file structures ?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Tue Jan 31 21:28:44 CET 2012

On 31 Jan 2012, at 12:14 , Louis Talman wrote:
> On 1/31/12, Christopher Menzel <cmenzel at tamu.edu> wrote:
>> Am Jan 31, 2012 um 4:19 PM schrieb George Gratzer:
>> I am probably more paranoid than most, but the fact that Dropbox possesses
>> the encryption keys to your data is one reason why I use (the oddly named)
>> SpiderOak.

In order for Dropbox to make your files available through the web interface the encryption key *must* be stored by dropbox.

> You can use Disk Utility to create 128- or 256-bit AES encrypted .dmg
> files of (nearly) arbitrary size for which only you possess the key. I
> do this with any files, whether or not they're going to be stored on
> DropBox, that I don't want to be accessible to public eyes. (Because
> the paranoids are spying on me, too!)

It’s much better if you create a sparsebundle since then the size of the dog will only be as large as needed for the files on it. I have a 4.7GB one on dropbox, but it only has about 800MB of files on it.

--
Rent a flat above a shop, cut your hair and get a job, smoke some fags
and play some pool, pretend you never went to school and still you'll