[OS X TeX] Compatibility of Lion and Snow Leopard file structures ?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Jan 31 15:41:43 CET 2012

On 31.01.2012, at 15:37, Ralph Martin wrote:

> Folks, for what it is worth, I have had text files lose the last few lines while using Dropbox on multiple platforms, perhaps due to some differences in line endings, or assumptions about a final end-of-line being present. (This did not happen with TeX files, but .csv files, for what it is worth).

I realize that my experience is as anecdotal as yours, but I've been using Dropbox extensively for several years and never had any kind of data loss. I actually have my whole private texmf tree on Dropbox (on Lion); this works perfectly and guarantees that I always use the same setup.

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Jeder von uns muss noch ein bisschen was dazulernen.“ Helmut Schmidt