[OS X TeX] Experience with TeXnicle?

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Sat Jan 28 21:22:13 CET 2012

>>> I find the user experience in TeXnicle quite crude, lacking the elegance and the focus on tasks and the effectiveness of Latexian.
>>> No live preview (but a "LaTeX" button), logs running in front of your eyes,
>>
>> I like the log running in front of my eyes.
>> And using the insert field to interactively fix small edits.
>> This has always been an important, but under-used feature of TeX,
>> from even before GUIs were invented.
>>
>> Maybe I'm just showing my age.
>
> Ha! That's why I like to watch TeXShop's Console window while typesetting. I'm pretty old! :-)

Come on, dudes!
Having a red exclamation point in the left gutter on each line with a LaTeX error, which then is explained by hovering the mouse over it is too cool! Perhaps *I*'m showing my age :-)
Since the latexing is happening continuously under the hood with a live preview, the only part of the log you need are the errors, which are appropriately shown in place, where you can the find the way to fix them.
--e.