[OS X TeX] Experience with TeXnicle?

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Sat Jan 28 19:13:01 CET 2012

On 28 Jan 2012, at 16:25, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> We recently had some discussion about Editor/Front Ends for TeX and enthusastic mention was made of Latexian.
> I mentioned another Front End that might be something for folks to look at called TeXnicle, <http://www.bobsoft-mac.de/texnicle/texnicle.html>, and wonder if there are folks out there using it and their experience with it.

Thanks for the pointer; competition is always good.
I find the user experience in TeXnicle quite crude, lacking the elegance and the focus on tasks and the effectiveness of Latexian.
No live preview (but a "LaTeX" button), logs running in front of your eyes, non intuitive management of projects, no error handling, etc etc.
cheers
--e.