[OS X TeX] svn save trouble in TeXShop

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Wed Jan 25 00:53:15 CET 2012

Am Jan 25, 2012 um 12:29 AM schrieb Enrico Franconi:
> On 24 Jan 2012, at 22:16, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:
>> OK Enrico, now that you said it was "much better than TeXShop" you should tell us why...
>
> Tamer,
> I moved to LaTexian almost a year ago, and I find it very nice with an elegant and natural GUI. The coolest features are the live preview (with natural back-and-forth navigator), the outliner, the autocompletion, flexible handling of projects, and how errors are handled directly on the source.

Those are very cool features for sure, but it appears there's no source <-> preview searching; did I miss it?  For me personally, that's a dealbreaker, as is the inability to open multiple panes/windows on the same document so you can edit/browse several locations in your document more or less simultaneously.

> I am a die hard emacs fan, but I moved to Latexian as far as LaTeX files are concerned…

I'm a convert to LyX myself (also after about 25 years as an emacs zealot). :-) Once they implemented the two features above (beautifully), I had little reason to work in raw LaTeX anymore.

-chris