[OS X TeX] svn save trouble in TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 24 23:58:09 CET 2012

On Jan 24, 2012, at 3:01 PM, Martin Berggren wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2012, at 21:40 , Enrico Franconi wrote:
>

>> On 24 Jan 2012, at 16:53, Martin Berggren wrote:
>>
>>> The reason I recently switched to TeXShop (from Textmate) was to try out Autosave and Versions…
>>
>> I'm using Latexian (which I believe is much better than TeXShop, but it is not free at 9.99$ in the AppStore) and it plays well with SVN (I'm using the svn-multi style with the autokw option), and it has the autosave/duplicate/version stuff of Lion. I'm very happy with it.
>> cheers
>
> To be fair, I'm still not sure what happened. I'm also using Dropbox, so maybe there is some strange interaction between svn, Autosave and Dropbox that caused the issue. I wouldn't put the blame on TeXShop yet, which is an excellent program. Good to know about Latexian though.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Martin Berggren

Howdy,

Please keep us updated if it occurs again.

Those who are going to try Latexian may also want to try TeXnicle, another editor that seems to be free to try but seems to be a commercial product too. Go to <http://www.bobsoft-mac.de/texnicle/texnicle.html> for more information.

I also suggest that folks may not be getting everything from TeXShop that is available. Go to Help->TeXShop Tips and Tricks to get some idea about what is there. e.g., Command Completion in TeXShop seems to be more powerful than what is described in the Latexian web site. Similarly for the use of powerful, custom engines.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)