[OS X TeX] "Save as"

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Mon Jan 16 15:29:36 CET 2012

I have successfully used Michael Sharpe's suggestion to put his Applescript in my Macros list;  miraculously, this seems to also put a "Save as.." into my File drop down menu.

Michael Welsh's suggestion,
As a workaround, when you duplicate, hit cmd-S, and in the drop-down for file encoding (it's the bottom one, will say something like "Plain Text") change it to "TeX document", which is at the top of the list. That will work.
 doesn't work for me: when I hit cmd-S I don't get a drop-down;  the document is just saved.

Finally, while Herb's idea, to put the template file in ~/Library/TeXShop/Templates/, is appealing, except that I want to use it via dropbox, since I work on my documents on multiple devices, and that location is local to one computer.
BTW, "Save as" or "Save to" in TeXShop can't be used (as far as I can tell) to move something to that location, because TeXShop seems not to see the ~/Library/TeXShop/ folder (or more accurately, it is not displayed as an option for location to move to).

But thanks to all three of you for your suggestions.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155