[OS X TeX] Can TeX help out here? Merging PDF with various page sizes and keeping it vector.

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Jan 14 00:06:02 CET 2012

Thanks Herb, but I started with Preview and that did not work. Preview is pretty simple with respect to page sizes, it only creates PDF's with the same size for each page. Hand it a PDF with pages in different sizes, and it will split your document over windows, one window for each size. It seems Apple (and many others) think page size is a document wide thing. A document with different page sizes opens fine in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Besides, my PDF's have all weird sizes and I have to create a document with pages that are either A4 portrait or A3 landscape. So, my PDF's must be embedded in either an empty A4 portrait PDF or an empty A3 landscape PDF,

So far ConTeXt seems to be able to do it, but it is messy. E.g. rotating an image and putting it on a page messes up the fit-to-papersize of ConTeXt, etc.