[OS X TeX] Locked Files (addendum)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 29 18:06:25 CET 2012

On Feb 29, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> On Feb 29, 2012, at 8:24 AM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. wrote:
>
>> I forgot to mention the important detail that this phenomenon occurs when I open a source file by control-clicking text in the preview;  I can open the original file directly with no problem.
>
> I assume you mean control-clicking to bring up the contextual menu then choosing "Sync" to bring the source forward?
>
> In any case, I don't see anything like what you talk about, using 3.06 under Lion. I can unlock files in the way you suggest.
>
> If you just start editing the file without unlocking, you should get a sheet telling you the file is locked and giving you the option to unlock it. What happens if you try that?
>
> Is the file on a network volume or such?
>
> Chris

Howdy,

Hmmm... If I only open the pdf file and Ctl-Click and then choose Sync (should be the same as Cmd-Click alone I'd guess) nothing happens; i.e., the source doesn't open. If I have both the source and the pdf open and I do that it goes to the correct spot in the Source. Of course this can only happen if the .synctex.gz file is also present. In any case I'm not understanding what the procedure to recreate this problem.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)