[OS X TeX] Where do I place TeX Gyre fonts?

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 26 20:53:46 CET 2012

On Feb 26, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 26.2.2012 um 20:13 schrieb Eric Weir:
>
>> I would like to install the TeX Gyre fonts. The read me on the website is not explicit about installation on a Mac.
>
> The fonts should already be installed! Check /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre!
>
> Then create in Font Book a new Library with appropriate name and populate it with these fonts.

Thanks, Peter. And Herb, too. That's good news. I do my latex with lyx, and I'd like the tex gyre fonts to show up as options when I specify fonts in lyx.

Not familiar with Font Book. What is it? How do I use it? In particular, how do I populate it with fonts? There are several font packages, each containing many files in several folders.

Thanks again,
Eric Weir
eeweir at bellsouth.net
Decatur, GA  USA

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. "

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe