[OS X TeX] Test Bank and dynamic math worksheets

Nicole gypsy1274 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 20:47:22 CET 2012

I am a newbie at Latex and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I want to create a database of math questions that I can use to generate worksheets. My goal is to have 100 possible questions for each topic and choose a few at random each time a worksheet is created. I would also like the option of picking out a specific question for the worksheet. What I have now is several documents with these question written and I cut and paste the code into my worksheet  as needed. I would like to automate the process as much as possible. I've heard of R (a spreadsheet or statistical software?) but I don't know anything about it. Could someone tell me what languages/programs I would need and possibly recommend a book or two for learning how to use them?

If this has already been discussed I'll be happy to read the thread, but I couldn't figure out how to search the archives. Perhaps someone could suggest a month and year that I could start looking?

Thanks,

Nicole

 So-called "global warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree-huggers to
make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the fuel
efficiency of our vehicles, kick-start 21st-century industries, and make our
cities safer and more livable. Don't let them get away with it!