[OS X TeX] Gliimpse (FYI)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 27 15:03:48 CEST 2012

On Aug 27, 2012, at 7:42 AM, Tomas Jonsson <tomas-jonsson at bredband.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
> I found this very interesting project: "Gliimpse, a quick in-place preview technique that smoothly transitions between markup code and its visual rendering".
> The Demo is very impressive and shows latex and html. I would love it implemented in TeXShop.
>
> Demo and home page: http://www.aviz.fr/Research/Gliimpse
>
> Article: http://www.aviz.fr/wiki/uploads/Research/gliimpse-UIST2011.pdf
>
> Regards
>
> Tomas Jonsson

Howdy,

Pretty interesting. Did you notice that at one point they said that they were eliminating the computation time so that the transitions seemed almost instantaneous?

Have you used synctex between your Source and Preview window under TeXShop? Cmd-Click somewhere in your Source or Preview window and you will get a highlight in the other window so you can go back and forth quickly. Not a glitzy as Gliimpse but it is quite useful.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)