[OS X TeX] getnonfreefonts ... garamond

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 25 06:05:00 CEST 2012

On Aug 24, 2012, at 2:15 AM, Scot Mcphee wrote:

> I am trying to use LaTeX for my PhD, which is in Classics. So not maths. I have no equations. But Greek and Latin.

Scot,

You might find it helpful to  look at fonts that contain a more extensive coverage of glyphs from classical languages. Two that come to mind are

1. Linux Libertine---this is part of TeX Live, but you might have to use XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX to access all of its glyphs.

2. Cardo, from

http://scholarsfonts.net/cardofnt.html

This free font is designed by a classics scholar. Its Roman glyphs are designed to approximate the beautiful Bembo font. Again, XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX may be required to achieve full coverage.

Michael