[OS X TeX] Packages for books

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Fri Aug 24 18:28:57 CEST 2012

If you have already used "book" for several projects, then perhaps you could make a more informed decision by reading the Memoir Class for Configurable Typesetting User Guide.

It's impossible to know if you are being silly or not without knowing what you need out of a "book" class.

The main benefit of memoir is the "configurability". Try conforming a LaTeX document for most dissertation requirements and you will immediately discover the benefits of memoir over book.

If no one cares about format, trims, headings, and layout configurability, then perhaps "book" is the right decision.