[OS X TeX] TeXLive Utility doesn't appear in Notification Center

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Aug 21 15:14:06 CEST 2012

On 21.08.2012, at 15:10, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2012, at 06:00 , Simon Spiegel <simon at simifilm.ch> wrote:
>
>>> Post output of the following Terminal commands for your MacBook Pro:
>>>

>> There you go:
>
> OK, that all looks good.  What is your update check schedule?

Daily on both machines.

> Try running this manually in Terminal and let me know the output:
>
> python ~/Library/Application\ Support/TeX\ Live\ Utility/update_check.py

tlmgr: package repository ftp://ftp.dante.de//pub/tex/systems/texlive/tlnet
update_check.py: using notifier file://localhost/Applications/_LaTeX/TeX%20Live%20Utility.app/Contents/MacOS/TLUNotifier.app/ with URL ftp://ftp.dante.de//pub/tex/systems/texlive/tlnet

Interesting: After having run this program, a message appeared and now TLUNotifier is listed in the Notifications prefs.

So this seems to work now.

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Goethen getroffen. Beeindruckt.“ Unbekannt