[OS X TeX] finding a file

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Aug 14 22:09:07 CEST 2012

A booklength project which I have been working on for years calls (via bibtex) a file called calculus.bib.
In the course of the project, I have changed computers and started using dropbox, so the location of certain files is by now a distant memory.  In particular I have had no occasion to modify calculus.bib for a long time, but today I need to do so.  I found (several versions of ) calculus.bib using Searchlight? (or is it Sherlock?---the magnifying glass icon at the top right of my screen---I am using OS 10.7.4 on a Macbook Pro) but cannot seem to get a pathname to any of them.  When I Bibtex my master file, it seems to find the appropriate calculus.bib, and (Searchlight?) displays the content of all of the versions it exhibits.  But when I double-click on the text shown, I am shunted into Papers2, an app which I stopped using long ago and into which I certainly didn't put a file like calculus.bib.

So my question is: how do I access these various versions of calculus.bib, not via the useless Papers2 (which also fails to see them), but via TeXShop (where my editor lives)?  Or at least how do I locate them (as opposed to getting a report that they are somewhere in there)?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155