[OS X TeX] Font Installation MacTeX-2012

Thomas Schlömer thomas.schloemer at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Aug 8 18:04:58 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

> Do you have an updmap-local.cfg in .../texmf-local/web2c alongside your updmap.cfg? If so, updmap-sys will ignore that particular updmap.cfg. If that is the problem, copy the contents of your updmap-local.cfg into updmap.cfg and delete updmap-local.cfg/\.

Thanks for the tip. No, there's no updmap-local.cfg alongside my updmap.cfg. The updmap.cfg is the only file in the web2c folder.

However, maybe the latest output of updmap-sys helps. It says:

--
updmap is using the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
--

Does that mean I should delete the updmap.cfg in the texmf-config folder in order to make my own updmap.cfg the preferred file?

Thanks all for your help.

Thomas S.