[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility not updating?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Aug 4 03:17:23 CEST 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, at 17:52 , Paolo Ghirardato <paolo.ghirardato at gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is useful, I had no problems with using TLU to upgrade packages (with TeX Live 2012) *before* the upgrade to Mountain Lion.

So, Safari works and TLU version check works, both of which use Apple's networking code.  That's good, as far as it goes.  Tlmgr uses other methods to download, so let's try one of them:

In Terminal, please run this (no linebreaks):

cd /tmp; /usr/local/texlive/2012/tlpkg/installer/wget/wget.universal-darwin -d http://ftp.math.purdue.edu/mirrors/ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb.xz

It will be interesting to see whether it succeeds.

thanks,
Adam