[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 54, Issue 20

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Apr 28 20:47:16 CEST 2012

Am 26.04.2012 um 00:33 schrieb Murray Eisenberg:

> libfontmap.c:28:31: error: kpathsea/kpathsea.h: No such file or directory
> libfontmap.c: In function 'read_config':
> libfontmap.c:86: error: 'kpse_xml_format' undeclared (first use in this function)
> libfontmap.c:86: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

Assuming the first error reported, that of missing C header file kpathsea/kpathsea.h, the next one is a big one: libkpathsea does know of kpse_xml_format, has no idea of an XML format. This Lxir software uses a patched version of libkpathsea. Where is that or where is the patch file?

Murray, since you are using MacPorts ("-I/opt/local/include  -I/opt/local/include/libxml2"), if you still don't have libkpathsea installed in MacPorts, then you'd just need to install some TeX utility that MacTeX does not have, dblatex I think, and MacPorts would install TeX Live partially/basically and libkpathsea – into /opt/local/include/kpathsea and into /opt/local/lib. That way you would get all necessary files (plus a lot more). And presumingly you would be able to request an universal build or a pure 64-bit build – or a 32-bit build if your hardware is from the earliest intel Macs. The paths given can be passed to configure via (necessary anyway for libXSLT and libXML2)

	./configure .... CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib

or

	./configure .... CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS="-Wl,t -L/opt/local/lib" CFLAGS="-H -pipe"

which would also report which C header file (the -H) and which libraries and modules (the -Wl,t) are used to build the software. (To be sure that the proper files are used.)

But anyway, without the patched software or the patch file(s) Lxir won't build because of at least the missing XML related file formats declaration. Maybe once the mailing list works we can get some help...

BTW, could you use a more self-explanatory subject line than "Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest ..."?

--
Greetings

  Pete

The world would be a better place if Larry Wall had been born in Iceland, or any other country where the native language actually has syntax.
				– Peter da Silva