[OS X TeX] Using MinionPro (and MnSymbol)

Nestor E. Aguilera nestoreaguilera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:48:40 CEST 2012

On 27 Apr 2012, at 01:14, Richard Seguin wrote:

> [...]
> Nestor,
>
> If you're using this for math, remember you have to use the "lf" option in the MinionPro package. Also, along MinionPro you should try out the mathalpha package. That will allow you to easily try a number of free Fraktur, calligraphic, script, and blackboard fonts to go along with Minion. I found for example that boondoxo or boondox (fancy script) go well with Minion. Michael includes good documentation with the package.
>
> Let us know what you think!

Since I am using it for my own notes, I find it amusing to use "mathlf" so that old style numbers are used in the text (but not in math where the letter "o" and the number "0" are easily confused). For script I am using "rsfso": to me, the "S" --which I use frequently-- is more legible than in other fonts, although "T" could be easily confused with "I".

Anyway, I don't like much the math "v" which is very similar to "\nu".

Best,

Nestor