Re: [OS X TeX] Highlighting Found Items (⌘-F) with OgreKit

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Apr 22 15:14:17 CEST 2012

On Apr 22, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Charlie Ros5e wrote:

> Using TexShop 2.43 on OS X 10.6.8.  White background in Source window.
>
> When I search for an item using cmd-F, the found items are highlighted in light gray making them difficult to find amid all the text. I opened More Options in the OgreKit Find window, and set the Highlight Color: to bright red (not a good highlight for doing work but fine for checking the operation of OgreKit).
>
> I closed TexShop, reöpened it, searched for something, and it came up highlighted gray.
>
> I restarted my MacBook, opened TexShop, searched for something, and it still came up highlighted gray.
>
> Please ... can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Howdy,

I assume you are finding all instances of an item rather than a single instance at a time. It is usually highlighted in gray because the Source window is not active. Click on the border of the Source Window and it should become active and the correct highlight color should show.

If you are finding a single instance of a match at a time I suggest you press Return after entering the text to be found. This will find the first item (according to your settings), highlight it and close the Find window (which leaves the Source window active!). To find the next match press Cmd-G (Edit->Find->Find Next) and it will jump to the next match rather than pressing Next in the Find window.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)