[OS X TeX] Find menu/window doesn't go away [Command-F]

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Apr 22 15:05:33 CEST 2012

On Apr 22, 2012, at 5:40 AM, Dilan Fernando wrote:

> Dear Herb,
> Thanks for the reply. Its the ogrekit find panel. I am using Texshop 2.43
> under Mac OS 10.7.3 (Lion).
> Thanks,
> Dilan

Howdy,

If I understand you correctly the Find panel opens each time you open TeXShop. Was it open when you quit TeXShop the previous session? Could this be Lion opening all windows as they were previously left? (I don't know if Lion will do that with applications that haven't specifically been compiled with that property set under Lion.)

Since you are using Lion would you try to use TeXShop 3.06 (it says it's Experimental but it's very stable) available at <http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/lion.html>. That version also supports a good deal of Lion's updated file system; see the full documentation there for the feature list.

I don't know what is causing your problem but updating to the latest version of TeXShop compatible with your OS version is a good idea. Hopefully that will fix your problem.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)