[OS X TeX] how make Mathematica fonts work?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:46:28 CEST 2012

I want to be able to use Mathematica fonts with LaTex. I find two
seemingly different method for doing this:

(1) robert's post
http://blog.spitzenpfeil.org/wordpress/2011/02/07/getting-mathematica-fonts-to-work-with-pdflatex/

(2) Jens-Peer Kuska's instructions in mysymdoc.pdf, a file in the
Mathematica 8's SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/texmf/doc folder.

Method (1) explicitly assumes one is using linux, although at

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/46002/problem-with-installing-wolfram-mathematica-fonts-in-tex-live

robert indicates the instructions should work for OS X.

Method (2) uses files that are distributed with Mathematica for OS X,
although Kuska is referring to either MikTeX on Windows or teTeX on Unix.

Which works with TeXLive 2011 under OS X?

Also, method (1) says to edit the two .map files so as to rename font
names xxxxx.pfb to .pfa (presumably as the Wolfram-supplied Type 1 font
files use .pfa for their extensions.

Is there any reason to edit the .map files like that instead of changing
the extensions of the font files themselves to .pfb?

Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912